Another anti-Israel Resolution at the Security CouncilOn Christmas eve, the Americans pushed for a Security Council vote against Israel which passed. Why did it pass? Because the Americans did not veto it. A day earlier, Egypt pushed for the same vote but withdrew it probably because of President elect Trump. So, who asked for it in the end? New Zealand, a Christian country, among others. Why is it relevant that New Zealand, a Christian country pushed for it? You will soon understand.
Why did Obama push for this? Why did Kerry push for this? Why did the Security Council allow this? All simple. They wanted to leave a mark on something. I would say that it is because of pure hatred and vindictiveness but I will not. Obama was a huge failure as a president. He took a 6 trillion dollar deficit and almost quadrupled it. China owes a huge chunk of the US national debt. What if they come to Trump and ask for him to repay the debt? The Security Council and Obama are responsible for the death of over half a million Syrians, yet instead of dealing with that, they condemn Israel for building in her own homeland. Can you fathom that? Pure hypocrisy.
Let us look at some of the text of the resolution:
- Reaffirms that the establishment by Israel of settlements in the Palestinian territory occupied since 1967, including East Jerusalem, has no legal validity and constitutes a flagrant violation under international law and a major obstacle to the achievement of the two-State solution and a just, lasting and comprehensive peace; This statement is an affront to any logic. It goes against the law written down in 1921. What Palestinian territory? There was no Palestinian territory. When the PLO was created in 1964, they claimed that the area occupied by Jordan which people now call the West Bank, was not a part of their demands. East Jerusalem was Jewish for 4000 years. Actually King David paid money for it, although he had no need to. Why does it matter that New Zealand is a Christian country and this was a nice gift? Have you read the bible? Even the old testament? Isn't New Zealand itself an occupying power? Isn't America with its own occupation of Texas? China? Russia? Spain with its control of Catalonia? Catalonia recently demanded to be free from Spain, but Madrid rejected this.
- Reiterates its demand that Israel immediately and completely cease all settlement activities in the occupied Palestinian territory, including East Jerusalem, and that it fully respect all of its legal obligations in this regard; This statement is an affront to any logic. It goes against the law written down in 1921. What occupied Palestinian territory? Since when was it occupied? Who are we occupying it from? Up until the Jordanian occupation, it was Judea and Samaria. If you want to use a legal term, you can refer to it as disputed territories.
- Underlines that it will not recognize any changes to the 4 June 1967 lines, including with regard to Jerusalem, other than those agreed by the parties through negotiations; Hello, heard of 242? Oslo? Do you know that the 4th June 1967 line was simply a ceasefire line? The cease-fire agreements of 1949 that delimited them explicitly say that they are just the lines marking the locations of the armies when the shooting stopped. They are not borders meaning that they have no political significance. Do you know that it was the Arabs who insisted on this because they wanted to gain more territory in the future?
- Stresses that the cessation of all Israeli settlement activities is essential for salvaging the two-State solution, and calls for affirmative steps to be taken immediately to reverse the negative trends on the ground that are imperiling the two-State solution; What two-state solution now?
- Calls upon all States, bearing in mind paragraph 1 of this resolution, to distinguish, in their relevant dealings, between the territory of the State of Israel and the territories occupied since 1967; Well, now the BDS are going to have fun. Little wonder that BDS stands for Brain Dysfunction Syndrome.
What actually happened was that with the aid of Obama and the French, the Palestinians have hijacked every major UN institution! This is in total disrespect of every agreement they signed with Israel. New Zealand explained their un-Christian like action as Israeli settlements are “the single biggest threat to peace” and the “primary threat to the viability of the two-state solution." Are they being serious? Are they totally brain dead? Settlements? Not the fact that the Palestinians were offered statehood in 2000, 2009 and 2014 and turned to pure terror. Ukraine said they voted because it was balanced. Is everyone that stupid? What this resolution has shown is that terror works. Why should the Arabs negotiate? The UN just hands them everything on a platter.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”― Edmund Burke
Barely 70 years ago the world defeated Nazis. Now pure evil has risen again, but this time far worse.
Can anyone trust the Obama administration? Will the world survive this new evil.